Friday, March 6, 2009
Welcome!
Welcome to Mimi's CPW4U The World Bank and IMF Uncovered blog. Since their inception at the 1944 Bretton Woods agreement, the World Bank and International Monetary Fund have played important roles in shaping the global economic order. The purpose of this blog is threefold. First, I hope to gain a basic understanding of the structure and history of both institutions, and examine how they have shaped our international economic system. Second, I plan to evaluate the effectiveness of the institutions in fulfilling their stated goals of reducing poverty and promoting economic growth. Third, I hope to explore recommendations and develop my own recommendations for reworking the World Bank and IMF to create a more just, democratic and sustainable world. Greater awareness of how the global economy works is critical, especially as we are in the greatest economic crisis in recent times. We must become more informed and active citizens and use this crisis to reform the economic system to create a better future for all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment